Nevertheless, with Maximizer as my #3 Strength and Input at #5 (and Learner at #7), I still really
love taking in new information to the fullest extent I can manage. So here are several great resources I've already enjoyed.
READ. Get Stuff Done! Aside from stress management, one of the main topics I have with clients is in regard to productivity. They always seem have so much to do and not enough time. Here are two interesting articles that might stir the pot for you if this is something you want to work on.
- What happened when I followed Ben Franklin’s schedule for a month. The title alone intrigued me. Once you get past the fact that he woke up at 5 AM everyday, it is difficult not to be challenged to try his approach. Here's a teaser: he suggests two hours a day for lunch!
- How to Actually, Truly Focus on What You're Doing. Got this one from a client! It provides a great differentiation between deep work and shallow work.
- Are leaders born or made?
- Where does ambition come from?
- How does adversity affect the growth of leadership?
- Do the times make the leader or does the leader shape the times?
- How can a leader infuse a sense of purpose and meaning into people’s lives?
- What is the difference between power, title, and leadership?
- Is leadership possible without a purpose larger than personal ambition?
“We spend much of our lives keeping appointments we did not make.”In other words, we all have to deal with circumstances beyond our control and still keep going. My hope and prayer is that I can walk alongside a few people as they keep these unexpected (and often unwelcomed) appointments. Let's do this for one another. Thanks for reading!