I am approached by so many clients who feel stuck, got laid off or are just experiencing an all-too-real mid-life crisis that I have created a "career coaching bundle" where I provide six one-hour sessions for $500 (prepaid on VenMo or Zelle) where I work with individuals in a few ways:
- We start with an initial conversation around what is needed, identify some sticking points, and then confirm a plan;
- I recommend a couple of assessments (usually StrengthsFinder and VIA) and then walk through the results;
- I strong recommend 1-2 books that are related to discernment, career, vocation, self-awareness. We then work through them;
- Once there is some clarity, I can then assist with developing and enhancing LinkedIn, resumes, cover letters, networking, informational interviews, etc.
- I am then available to help prepare for interviews and follow up.
🧠 Neurodivergence at Work. I just coached a group of managers on this topic last week. This continues to be a very important issue for discussion. I am consistently (as in, almost weekly) encountering employees and/or their managers discovering that they need to learn how to manage work with ADHD, autism, OCD, dyslexia, or mental health diagnoses. While these are not "problems to fix" as much as dynamics to manage, there is a growing awareness in the workplace around neurodiversity and certainly requires further learning by executive leadership and human resources. This article by a true legend, Temple Grandin, titled When Great Minds Don't Think Alike, offers helpful insights as well.
😓 "What's Your Grief" Care Plan. Just this week I coached someone who lost two family members during the pandemic and has not yet had the space to grieve. We talked through her options for getting the support she needs. Furthermore, grief takes a variety of forms. I find that some of my clients are grieving co-workers lost through layoffs or resignations, and others are discouraged by how their company culture has been changed in disruptive ways. I cannot emphasize how important it is to address those feelings of loss.
🔍 "My Manager Tracks Us All with Google Alerts." Good (and painful?) reminder that everyone can track us online. Yikes.
Thanks for reading. Please feel free to forward this others! I welcome questions and feedback, and am happy to meet for a complimentary 30-minute consultation for new clients interested in finding out more about coaching options available. Just email me at email@example.com.